Bluffland Guardian Society
Mississippi Valley Conservancy's Bluffland Guardian Society is a special leadership opportunity to protect southwest Wisconsin’s scenic and biologically diverse landscape.
The Bluffland Guardian Society is made up of individuals who share our love for the Blufflands Region along the Mississippi River and who have donated $1,000 or more annually to MVC to ensure continued growth and sustainability of our conservation programs.
Become a Bluffland Guardian today!
The future of our rare and beautiful natural resources, such as our bluff prairies and savannas, migratory birds and delicate native flowers, lies in the hands of the region’s proactive and impassioned citizens.
Your membership at the $1,000 level or above will help us to increase the pace of conservation in our 7-county service area. With your help, we can ensure:
- MVC will continue to protect rare and threatened species and natural communities in southwestern Wis.
- MVC will be part of every rural landowner’s vocabulary and they will know of options other than development.
- MVC will expand outreach to youth groups and local schools, helping to reconnect children to the great outdoors.
- MVC will continue to ensure that we have public land for outdoor recreational and appreciation of nature by all.
As a member of the Bluffland Guardian Society you’ll receive these benefits:
- Special events for Society members, such as exclusive guided hikes of unique, conserved properties.
- Opportunities for one-on-one briefings with MVC board chairman, executive director and conservation director.
- Recognition in MVC’s publications and Bluffland Guardian Society literature and at the Annual Banquet
- Special updates on MVC’s programs and land transactions
Your help is needed right away!
“To me, this is a dream come true, a dream I’ve had forever and ever. It always seemed like an impossible thing that anyone would be interested in helping us protect this land. And to actually see it come true is 20 or 25 years of something I’ve wished for. It’s really terrific.” ~ Maggie Jones (MVC conservation easement donor)
Through your conservation leadership, you can help MVC help landowners like Maggie Jones--good people who want to protect their land and who need the tools only a nonprofit land trust can offer.
As always your gift to MVC is tax deductible.
Thank you for making a real and measurable difference in protecting our precious landscape!